Daniel M. Hood
Founder & President
Functional Areas of Responsibility:
Dan has led HICAPS from initial startup in 1984 through its capital raising phase and transition of the company’s business model to a more diverse and all inclusive services portfolio. As the President of a small but dynamic organization, Dan is responsible for strategic growth planning, overall operations and leadership of the company to maintain and grow the stability and economic viability of HICAPS.
Dan has/is serving on the following boards:
- Chairman, Board of Directors for Goodwill Industries of North Carolina
- Board of Governors for Operation Smile of the Carolinas
- Board of Directors for the War Memorial Foundation of North Carolina
- Board of Directors for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
- Board of Visitors of the University of North Carolina – Greensboro (UNCG)
- Co-Founder/Past President/Board Member of Construction Professionals Network (CPN)
- Board Member of Greensboro Crescent Rotary Club, Greensboro, North Carolina
Dan is a member of:
- Crescent Rotary Club (25 years) Greensboro
- Construction Professionals Network (CPN)
- Associated General Contractors (AGC-Carolinas)
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Verified (SDVOSB)
- Triad Real Estate and Building Industry Coalition (TREBIC)
- The Citadel Foundation
- Greensboro & Winston-Salem area Chamber of Commerce
- Jack Miller Network – “Outstanding Networker” Award in 2009 & 2010
Dan Hood attended:
- The Citadel, where he earned a B.S. in 1971
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers School 1972
- U.S. Army Aviation School (Rotary & Fixed Wing) 1973
- Clemson University, M.S. in 1978
Dan served as an officer in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers from 1971-1976.
Having been enriched in personal and professional life, Dan enjoys giving back to the community by serving on many boards and maintaining memberships in key organizations. Dan and his wife Gisela are avid worldwide travelers. He eagerly provides industry education to others by conducting bi-annual national focus group seminars on Project Controls and Building Diagnostics.
A Few of Dan’s Signature Projects Include:
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA, GREENSBORO, NC
This project has been ongoing for 25 years and involves tracking of 65 to 95 projects every month; from design through construction. Primary responsibilities include the interface with the University Designers, Construction Project Managers and department heads to provide detailed and summary level schedules tracking cost, resources and progress University wide. In addition to scheduling services we provide written analysis narratives that are distributed through the Chancellor’s offices to all department heads. This information allows the University to make informed decisions regarding their ongoing projects and Master Plan.
THOMAS BUILT BUS PLANT, HIGH POINT, NC
This project was a fast track Construction Management as Agent project that included a new design for a Saf-T-Liner C2 school bus. The owner of Thomas Built Bus collaborated with German engineers from the parent company of Mercedes-Benz and Freightliners Trucks. Responsible to provide construction management oversight for all design and construction of a new 250,000 square foot, $70 million dollar manufacturing plant with a tight 16 month schedule duration. This project received the CPN Star Award.
AIRBORNE AND SPECIAL OPERATIONS MUSEUM, FAYETTEVILLE, NC
Served as the Construction Manager as Agent for this new, unique and challenging project which used both private and public money to design and construct a 60,000 square foot, $11.7 million dollar project in Fayetteville, NC. Responsible for coordination of the design, management of the construction phase, and installation of the museum interactive display requirements, which led to a successful grand opening. This project received the CPN Star Award.